Configuring Agent Defaults¶
Agent default policies determine the basic installation and operation of the agent on endpoints. Additional node specific agent settings may also be configured. See: Configuring Agent Settings by Node Policy
To configure agent default options, select Preferences on the menu bar and Agent in the left panel.
- Defines the location the agent files will be installed to. Default: %ProgramFiles%GeniGenian (Windows Only)
User Confirmation before Installing¶
- Determines if the installer gives a consent prompt to install agent when the installer is executed. (Windows Only)
- Select: On,or Off
Displaying Installation Progress¶
- Displays progress of installation. (Windows Only)
- Select: On, or Off
- If On, select On, or Off for installation result message.
Registering Install Information¶
- Select: On, or Off for displaying agent under the Programs section in Control Panel. (Windows Only)
Agent Deletion Method¶
- Select: Use Authorization Code, Without Authorization Code,or Not Allowed to designate if and how an end user can remove the agent from their endpoint.
Automatic Update Target¶
- Select a Network Object to receive automatic agent updates.
Service Target Group¶
- Specify a network object to enable the agent running.
Automatic pop-up message¶
- Enable to display detailed message contents in a pop-up badge, rather than only a preview.
Web Browser Type¶
- Select: Internet Explorer, Default Browser or Enter Path to set the default browser for agent popups. (Windows only)
- Enter Path if applicable
For Internet Explorer¶
- Select: Enable, or Disable for Hiding Address Bar / Toolbar
- Select window size: Normal, or Maximized
- Select On, or Off for Display Window in Front
Agent Custom Icon¶
- Upload a custom image for the tray icon. (Windows only)
- Specify: Second(s), or Minute(s) for communication interval to update Agent runtime log. 5 Missed communications will define the agent as not running.
Scheduling Agent Restart¶
- Specify: Minutes Hours past computer entering sleep mode for the agent to reboot. (Windows and OSX only)
- Select: On, or Off for installing SSL Certificate from the policy server. (Windows and OSX only)