These options may be found under General > Log in the Preferences section.
SNMP Trap is only available in On-Premise edition.
Receiving SNMP Traps¶
- Enable or Disable by selecting
OffFrom the drop down menu to the right of the SNMP Trap Label.
- If enabled, enter a
community stringinto the form.
A Server Rule set must be added before receiving syslogs. For different receiving criteria, different rules may be configured.
- Click the Add button to the right of the Server Rules label, and fill out the pop-up form.
- Enter a name for the Rule.
- For Filter,select a variable by which to evaluate incoming syslogs for allowance. Choose from Program , Host, Match, or Netmask. This option allows for syslogs from a given source location/ program, or a given message content to be allowed.
- Define a Filter Value. If the Filter variable of the imported syslog matches the Filter Value , the syslog will be merged into the policy server logs.
- Define a prefix for IP, MAC and Username values. This prefix will trigger the filter to import the values immediately following as IP Addresses, MAC addresses and Usernames.
- Define the character set which the syslogs will be imported in.
- Click Add at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Click Update at the bottom of the Log Preferences page.
Imported events can be used to assign tags to nodes, devices, users and Wlans, which can be used to dictate policy.
For more information see: Tagging Assets Using Event.