Installing Windows Agent¶
You can install Agent on Windows devices through GPO, Captive Web Portal (CWP), or manually using removable storage media
Install Windows agent¶
Download and install via agent download page¶
- Download Agent
- https://(IP or FQDN)/agent
- Choose Agent: DO NOT change the filename to avoid name conflicts
- Windows installer version: GnUpdate_(IP or FQDN).exe
- If prompted, provide the IP or FQDN of your Policy Server.
If the user does not have the file installation permission, the installer can not be executed.
Installing the agent via CWP¶
Genian NAC enforcement policy can be enabled to redirect the user to the CWP for network access when the agent is not installed. In the CWP message, click the Install Agent button to download and install the Agent
To enable agent install by captive web portal:
- Go to Policy in the top panel
- Go to Enforcement Policy
- Click the Agent Not Installed policy in the view pane.
- Under the General section, change the Status to Enabled
- Click Update at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Apply in the top right corner of the screen.
Nodes under this enforcement policy are by default directed to a captive web portal with instructions on how to download the agent.
MSI packages for installation via Active Directory GPOs¶
Downloading MSI File¶
From the Web Console:
- Navigate to the System Tab on the top of the Screen, then select Genian Software from the left menu panel.
- In the main view pane, find Genian NAC Agent for Windows. On the far right of the row, click the MSI link to download.
Deploying Agent MSI via Active Directory GPOs¶
The Agent Execution Account may need elevated privilege for successful agent deployment and operation.
- Go to Policy in the top panel
- Go to Node Policy
- Click "Node policy ID" where do you want to apply the policy.
- Find the Agent Policy section
- Select Execution Account and "Computer Logon account": in the checkbox
- How to set up to deploy the MSI Package via AD
Verify Windows Agent installed¶
- Select Management > Node
- Click NT AG SS column in Nodes window (If a node has an installed Agent, the Agent icon will show)
Genian Agent Options On Windows Device¶
- Go to Systray of Windows device
- Find and right-click on Genians Agent Icon
- Listed options allow you to do the following:
- Read Notice: Shows current notices from the Administrator
- Read Message: Shows current messages from the Administrator
- View My Status: Shows the devices current Captive Web Portal (CWP) page
- Login (L): Allows user to log in and upon successful login displays CWP page
- Logout (O): Allows user to log out
- View User Information: Allows user to view account information upon successful login
- View Network Connections: Allows user to view the devices active network connections
- View USB Information: Allows user to view the devices USB information
- Delete Agent: (User is unable to delete the installed Agent. This must be done by the Administrator)
- About Genian Agent: Allows user to see current information about installed Agent
Where To Find Agent Logs On Windows Device¶
- Open File Explorer on Windows device
- Go to C:Program FilesGeniGenianLogs
- Sort by Date modified