Policy Server communicates with the Agent to collect SSID information. You can control the WLAN by blocking unauthorized SSIDs, and message users with pop-up notifications.
Wireless LAN management environment setting
You can set items to increase the accuracy of the collected data related to the wireless network.
- Go to Preferences > General from the top panel.
- Click WLAN in the left menu.
|AP Down Detection||Specify the period of time an AP is no longer detected to display as DOWN.|
|AP Deletion||Specify the period of time an AP is no longer detected to delete the AP.|
|Connection History Deletion||Specify the period of time an AP is no longer connected to delete the connection history.|
|Internal AP detection||Set the method to detect the AP location.||internal-ssid|
- Go to Policy in the top panel.
- Go to Policy > Node Policy > Agent Action in the left Policy panel.
- Find and click Control WLAN in the Agent Action window.
Under General section:
- For CWP Message, add message to be displayed in accordance with the Policy.
- For Label, add labels to help categorize your plugins with custom labels that appear in the "Description" field.
Under Agent Actions section:
- For Boolean Operator, choose AND or OR to add optional conditions.
- For Settings, click Add and select your optional conditions. Criteria/Operator/Value
Under Plugin Settings section:
- For SSID Information Scope, collects information about Detected SSIDs from a WLAN Interface and Connected SSIDs to a WLAN Interface.
- For Collecting Connections History, turn On to collect information
about the wireless connection history.
- Time Range for Daily Update, specify the time range to update the wireless connection history. (e.g. 0:00-23:59)
- Attempts, specify number of days to ry and collect connections history. (If the info cannot be sent, it will update on startup)
- Duration, specify the time duration in hours for the collected connections history.
- For Disabling Wireless Connection, specify whether to disable
connections to non-approved SSID(s).
- How to Define Allowed SSIDs, select how to define SSIDs to be allowed. (Selecting WLAN Group, Entering SSIDs, Using Regular Expression)
- Allowed WLAN Group, select a WLAN Group to be allowed from drop-down.
- Delay, specify the time of how long to wait before disabling connection. (seconds - minutes)
- Disabled Connection Notification and Resolution, specify whether to notify a user and how to resolve the disabled connection from drop-down.
- Auto-Connect to Allowed SSIDs, specify whether to automatically connect to SSIDs allowed. (Windows Vista or above required)
- For Disabling AP Mode, specify whether to disable AP mode such as SoftAP
or Ad-hoc for wireless network interface.
- Interface Disabled Event Notification, turn On to notify a user for the wireless AP mode disabled.
- Click Update.
- Go to Node Policy in the left Policy panel.
- Click the Default Policy in Node Policy window.
- Find Agent Action. Click Assign.
- Find Control WLAN in the Available section. Select and drag it into the Selected section.
- Click Add.
- Click Update.