Configuring Wireless Connection Manager
Wireless Connection Manager provides convenience for wireless connection configuration. - WCM makes it easier for users to use wireless LAN than the built-in wireless connection service offered by Windows - WCM provides 802.1x authentication
Policy Server communicates with the Agent to configure Wireless Connections with auto-connect, auto-reconnect, preferring specific networks, and much more. This Agent Action requires a configured Wlan Policy for use.
Wlan Policies are made up of AP Profiles and Client Profiles
They can be used along with the endpoint agent to set preferences and restrictions for accessing wireless networks.
To configure a Wlan Policy follow the steps below:
Creating AP Profile
For Creating AP Profile, please refer to Configuring AP Profile for Wlan Policy
Creating Client Profile
For Creating AP Profile, please refer to Configuring Client Profile for Wlan Policy
Creating Wlan Policy
- Navigate to Policy > Wlan Policy.
- Select Tasks > Create.
- Enter the SSID(s) to be authorized for use.
- Under RADIUS Policy, select a User group to allow for authentication.
- Select Client and AP profiles to apply to the policy.
- Click Save.
- Go to Policy in the top panel.
- Go to Policy > Node Policy > Agent Action in the left Policy panel.
- Find and click Wireless Connection Manager in the Agent Action window.
Under General section:
- For CWP Message, add message to be displayed in accordance with the Policy.
- For Label, add labels to help categorize your plugins with custom labels that appear in the "Description" field.
Under Agent Actions section:
- For Boolean Operator, choose AND or OR to add optional conditions.
- For Settings, click Add and select your optional conditions. Criteria/Operator/Value
Under Plugin Settings section:
- For WLAN Policy, click Assign to assign a WLAN Policy.
- For Wireless Connection Manager, turn On to enable Wireless
- Enforcing Wireless Connection Manager, turn On to force the Wireless Connection Manager to run.
- Hiding Wireless Connection Manager for Wired, specify whether to hide Wireless Connection Manager when a wired network is connected.
- Auto-Reconnect, specify whether to automatically reconnect to a wireless network allowed with the strongest signal.
- Password Expiry Notification, adjust time to allow a user to change password. (hours - months)
- Preferred Wireless Network, specify whether the user connects to preferred wireless or wireless with strongest signal.
- Display Username, use this field to display Username.
- Display Password, use this field to display Password.
- Enabling Save Username, turn On to allow user to save Username.
- Enabling Save Password, turn On to allow user to save Password.
- Enabling Auto-Connect, turn On to allow the latest wireless network to be connected automatically.
- Window Image, click Upload to load a BMP file for the dialog box.
- Window Color, specify a color for the dialog box.
- Font Color, specify a color for the text in the dialog box.
- Contents for Window, type to enter contents in the dialog box.
- HTML, turn On to use HTML for contents to be displayed in the dialog box.
- Program at Log On, click Add to add a Program to launch when user logs in. Specify Path or CLI parameter.
- If Wireless Connection Manager Option set Off, Installed Wireless
Connection Manager application will be removed.
- if Wireless Connection Manager Action Policy is Disabled or removed on the applied Node Policy, Installed Wireless Connection Manager application will be removed also.
- Click Update
- Go to Node Policy in the left Policy panel.
- Click the Default Policy in Node Policy window.
- Find Agent Action and Click Assign
- Find Wireless Connection Manager in the Available section. Select and drag it into the Selected section.
- Click Add
- Click Update