Restrict administrator privileges¶
You can limit the privileges of administrators, to specific views, devices, and capabilities.
- For Node Management Scope, Restriction by specifying node groups, network sensors, and node types
- For Node Management Task, restrict the types of operations that can be performed on the Node Management screen
- For Node Management View, restrict the selectable views on the Node Management screen
- For Node Management Tab, restrict the selectable details tabs of a node
- For User Management Scope, restrict departments that the admin can perform user management on
- For User Management Task, Restrict the types of actions that can be performed on the User Management screen
- For Log Scope, Limit available Log filters in the LOG menu
- For Disabling File Export, Restrict File (Excel) Export Functions
- For Dashboard Widget, Restrict Dashboard widget features
Create network sensor individual administrator accounts¶
- Set permissions to manage only nodes under a specified network sensor by specifying the network sensor managed by the administrator.
- This setting is recommended for use with Configure Administrator Role Options.
- Create an administrator account.
- Select the administrator account you created.
- Go to the Set Management Rstrictions topic.
- Node Management Scope : Select Administration Sensor, click Assign button to assign Network Sensor
- Node Management View : Select a Node View and drag it to the right
- Click the Modify button at the bottom
- Log in with the account you created to verify that only the nodes on the specified network sensor are visible on the Manage Nodes screen.